Search This Blog

April 17, 2012

#1758 Death Note




Title: Death Note 
Japanese Title: デスノート Desu Nōto
Year: 2006
Country: Japan
Running Time: 125 min
Director: Shuseko Kaneko
Genre: Suspense, Supernatural, Crime, Fantasy
Rating: 7.2

I finally got this movie on DVD
Together with The Last Name & L: Change The World

This movie is based on the best selling manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata
I read the manga before so I know how it is
There are similar parts but its different ..
Well actually I can't remember it anymore
Such a so long time ago ...

The movie was in my opinion quite boring
The first 100 minutes were ... to slow?
It was all about Light ..
L, Asaka & Misa appearance are way to late
Or the movie was just to long?
It was an open ending so after it I continue with The Last Name
I will write the review in my next entry ...

The best part of the movie were the scenes with FBI agent Raye
The cruel plan from L ..
BUT outstanding scenes were it while on the metro!!
So thrilling ....

I asked myself would you used it when u got the notebook in your hand?
I think L was very cruel when he use Shiori as 'hostage' and just sacrificed her!

I specially bought this movie because Tatsuya ..
I'm a 'huge' fan of him!!
In total I got 7 movies of him ...
This is the first time I see him in an 'evil' role!!

His performance is just so great
Doesn't matter it's evil or kind!!


I saw Kenichi together with Tatsuya in Kaiji
And he was in the news when he married 10 years his senior Koyuki
But anyway he's just so different from his role in Kaiji ..
I really can't recognize him ..
L is cute/weird and Sahara is HOT ^.^

I saw Yu Kashii in Yukan Club before
But I just can't recognize her till I saw her movie list ..
It's actually the second time I see a movie/drama who someone calls Shiori ..
Battle Royale and here ..
Shiori is a part of my username on many site hehe !

Erika Toda actuallly only have a cameo in here
Because she only appear I guess 10 minutes
In the next one she will appear more!

Seems I also saw Asaka Seto in One Missed Call 2 before


Summary:
A death god dropped his note book @ earth and is picked up by law student Light.
The name that written in it will die. In first sake it was to kill all the criminals to create a better world.
But when the mysterious 'detective' L is hunting for the 'Kira' behind all the mysterious murder.
Light not only 'killing' criminals but every one who's in his way ..
What will be the results from L VS Light? 

Cast:
Tatsuya Fujiwara - Light Yagami
Kenichi Matsuyama - L
Asaka Seto - Naomi Misora
Takashi Kaga - Souchiro Yagami
Yu Kashii - Shiori Kashino
Erika Toda - Misa Amane
Shunji Fujimura - Watari
Shigeki Hosokawa - Raya Iwamatsu
Shido Nakamura - Ryuuk

Sota Aoyama - Det. Touta Matsuda
Miyuki Komatsu - Det. Sawa
Ikuji Nakamura - Det. Hirokazu Ukida
Shin Shimizu - Det. Kanzo Mogi

Michiko Godai - Sachiko Yagami
Hikari Mitsushima - Sayu Yagami

Takeo Nakahara - Matsubara
Yoji Tanaka - Sasaki
Masahiko Tsugawa - Police Chief Saeki

Trailer:

No comments: