Search This Blog

March 1, 2011

#1318 Black Swan


English Title: Black Swan
Year: 2010
Country: USA
Running Time: 108 min
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Rating: 8.6

I'm so happy that I watch this movie!
I badly want to see it after I watch the trailer & the Oscars!
This is also my first movie in the cinema this year!
Well I hardly go to cinemas so maybe this is also my last one this year ^^

It's a thriller! I though it was a horror!
Because the trailer looks so creepy!
Some parts of the movie really creeps me out!
The painting from the mother, the 'evolution' to a swan!
Even the characters from the mother, Lily & Nina creeps me out!
It was just so good I hardly have words for it!
Just love it! And go watch it!

Natalie performance was so good! I'm sure its very hard to dance ballet!
She won the Academy Award, the Golden Globe Award, the Screen Actors Guild Award, and the BAFTA Award for her lead performance in here.
I think she deserve it!!

Also great performance by Mila Kunis!!



Summary:
Nina is a ballerina in a New York City ballet company whose life, like all those in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. She lives with her obsessive former ballerina mother Erica who exerts a suffocating control over her. When artistic director Thomas Leroy decides to replace prime ballerina Beth for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice. But Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily, who impresses Leroy as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side - a recklessness that threatens to destroy her

Cast:
Natalie Portman - Nina Sayers
Mila Kunis - Lily
Vincent Cassel - Thomas Leroy
Barbara Hershey - Erica Sayers
Winona Ryder - Beth MacIntyre
Benjamin Millepied - David
Ksenia Solo - Veronica
Kristina Anapau - Galina
Janet Montgomery - Madeline
Sebastian Stan - Andrew
Toby Hemingway - Tom
Sergio Torrado - Sergio

Trailer:


[credits: wikipedia.org, imdb.com]

No comments: